Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Finally on the Horizon

Greetings.

Publishing can be a hurry-up-and-wait prospect. I signed the contract for The Unbeckonable Bird in April 2017. I started messing around with mailing lists in June or July. I was heavily involved in revisions in January. Now it's proofs and cover art and all the fun stuff--just about a month before the publication date.

This isn't a bug; it's a feature. FutureCycle Press publishes a book pretty much every other week, and we've stayed pretty much on schedule.

I've always been like this anyway: sitting in my kitchen in my basement apartment on a Tuesday morning, with Romeo Void on the MTV, typing out my psych paper just in time to turn it in at 9:30 a.m., which was as early as I ever scheduled a college class. So if it all happens at the last minute, that's cool with me.

I just got the mailing-list monkey off my back by disconnecting from a, um, thingy that was supposedly easy to use but that had too many confusing features. I have fewer than 30 people on my mailing list right now; I don't need all of that nonsense. If you want to be on the mailing list, please email me at unbeckonable.bird at gmail dot com, preferably with MAILING LIST in the subject line, and give me your name and email address. Include other info, such as snail mail address, Twitter handle, etc., if you want. I won't use it for anything nefarious.

I'll be redesigning this rather jarring-looking page soon, as well as giving you more information and probably more music videos.

Until just now, I didn't know that the "Never Say Never" video was black and white. My college roommate and I had only a black-and-white TV on our kitchen table, so all of MTV was black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment